he Prescott Park Arts Festival and Seacoast Community School are delighted to present the Memorial Bridge 5K every October. The crossing of the Memorial Bridge has always been a symbolic way for the community to celebrate the beloved city icon. Post-race, the day's festivities continue with a free Kid's Fun Run around Prescott Park, and runners enjoy FREE admission to the infamous WHEB Chili Cook-Off, featuring local craft brews, fun games, music courtesy of WHEB, and of course, all the chili you can eat! All runners will receive FREE entry into the WHEB Chili Cook-Off located across the street at the historic Strawbery Banke immediately following the race!
Here's some important information:
- The race begins on Badgers Island at 10:00am. This is a point to point race that crosses the Memorial Bridge into New Hampshire, and completes a 3.1 mile loop through Portsmouth’s historic South End, finishing in Prescott Park.
- There will be a shuttle bus at the start of the race, where you can drop off any belongings to pick up post-race near the finish line. Click HERE for a complete route map and turn by turn instructions!
- Pre- registration packages and bibs can be picked up in Prescott Park, on the Saturday before the race from 2:00pm - 4:00pm
- Day of registration and pick up can be done the morning of the race at Prescott Park from 8:00am-9:30am
- Race T-Shirts will be available (a limited number) to purchase for $15 if you didn't already claim one during registration!
- After the race you'll be rewarded with water and refreshments, as well as awards, then followed by a Kid's Fun Run at 11am around the park!
- Post-race festivities continue with the Annual WHEB Chili Cook-Off at 11:30 am across the street at Strawbery Banke Museum. All runners receive FREE admission to the Chili Coo