• Title

  • Portsmouth Women's City Club

    Categories

    Non-Profit Organizations

    About Us

    The Portsmouth Women's City Club was established in 1920 by five women, to support the community through charitable work, offering below-market-rate housing for single, working women, and creating a place of fellowship for women in the area. Its mission continues today, with more than 150 members of all ages and centered at a lovely Federal Revival house at 375 Middle St. in Portsmouth. The club provides scholarships to high school students, invites community groups to speak at monthly meetings and supports more than a dozen local charities through collection drives, fundraising and volunteerism.

    Images

    signboard "get involved, become a member"
    Carrie Barron, club president
    photo of house at 375 Middle St
    members at a meeting
    members at a plant sale